01 Feb CLUSTER INITIATIVE FOLLOW-UP, MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION SYSTEM
- Colombia Cluster Initiatives (in Spanish)
“Evaluation system that demonstrates the development degree of the cluster initiatives”
Starting point: In Colombia, through the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Tourism, chambers of commerce and business associations have been developed more than 80 cluster initiatives around the country. This is why the Colombian Cluster Network (CPC-Innpulsa agreement) have identified the need of a system that contains homogenous information to monitor the development of each cluster initiatives and, to structure impact strategies for their strengthen.
The main objective of the project is to develop and implement a follow-up, measurement and evaluation system that shows the state of the cluster initiatives by using measurement indicators. Additionally, to design and launch a web platform that collects and process the System´s information, as well as publicize the results.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE PROJECT
- 60 cluster initiatives evaluated in each version.
- Development of a replicable model for cluster initiative evaluation, in order to be use for the national or regional government, public – private regional institutions that promote cluster initiatives, cluster initiatives and their cluster managers. The System is a strategic instrument to monitor and evaluate the cluster initiatives performance, that enables to identified areas for improvement as a tool to take decisions and structure public policies that aims for its strengthening.
- Development of measurement indicators to evaluate the cluster initiatives management performance, their running projects, companies that take part, environment and the regional cluster.
- Involve the public and private agents: companies, cluster manager and management team and institutions. In the last version, 400 companies and 130 institutions took part.
- Evaluate the cluster initiative performance and allow the comparison with the regional cluster, as well as with cluster initiatives of the same sector.
- Development and implementation of a web platform that enables, first, to apply the surveys for each user (cluster manager, companies and institutions), second, to centralize the primary and secondary information and compute de indicators and, last, to publicize the results.