13 Mar Consolidation model of governance of pineapple cluster Casanare, Colombia
“Building effective work methodologies that facilitate the sustainability of cluster initiatives”
Starting point: From 2013, and as part of the search of the main development levers of the Casanare department, the Casanare Chamber of Commerce decided to implement cluster as an instrument to increase competitiveness. This is how the Pineapple cluster initiative are developed, among others.
In this context, in 2017 Cluster Development begins to accompany this cluster initiative with two main objectives: to update the strategy based on the changes presented in the market in recent years and to develop a governance model that would allow them to go beyond logic of the projects and win in cluster dynamics (business leadership, solid implementation agenda, game rules)
The Project: Within the framework of the project RETO CLUSTER executed by Casanare Chamber of Commerce and financed by Innpulsa, it’s decided to implement a series of activities that consolidate a governance model and a strategic agenda that will strengthen the sustainability of the Pineapple cluster initiatives. Likewise, a coaching program was designed for cluster managers to strengthen their management skills.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE PROJECT
- Update of the strategic orientation of both cluster initiatives based on the analysis of new market challenges and the potential of the territory – Competitive positions to be conquered, Mega, markets.
- Definition of a strategic agenda adjusted to the new reality of each business.
- Implementation of a governance model that favors articulation for the execution of the prioritized strategic agenda.
- Formulation of a diversified financing strategy: Definition of possible sources and arrival strategies.
- Identification and empowerment of key leaders of each cluster initiative as a basis for the new governance model.
- Transfer of knowledge to cluster managers, developing skills and tools that allow the effective management of their respective cluster initiatives.